Protect Your Family and Home by Practicing These Candle Safety Tips
A burning candle should never be left alone. Keep dogs and children at a safe distance. On heat-resistant surfaces, burn. To avoid discoloration or yellowing, keep out of direct sunlight. DO NOT put out fires with water. Allow wax to cool completely before relighting, touching, or moving it.
Your best way to preserve your candles are to store away from direct sunlight, humidity and out of heat. Only burn on non-flammable heat safe surface. The plant- based, Organic Beeswax creates a melted wax pool, generous when in use. Always assure to extinguish each candle cool completely before moving, relocating or touching. For a long lasting burn and beautiful, nice glow; suggested up to 3-4 hours burn at a time. With a napkin, before each lighting of your candle, gently remove excess burnt wick and dispose of safely.
Make sure to keep burning a good distance from other objects, especially flammable and combustible items or liquids. You'll also want to watch out for hanging drapes and other types of thin fabrics as items like these tend to catch fire and burn quicker than other materials. If you have any children or pets in the house, keep any candles completely out of reach. Animals and small children don't know to avoid the open flame and especially furry pets may be in for an unpleasant surprise if they find themselves too close to a burning candle.
Where and how your candle is displayed also plays an important role when practicing safe candle habits. Always ensure that your candle is securely placed on a stable surface and within a sturdy holder. You'll also want to ensure that the container or tray your candle is placed on or within is extremely heat resistant to avoid unwanted warping or accidental fires. Make sure you blow out a candle and dispose of it before it burns to the bottom of a container and never light candles in homes where oxygen is used.
Practicing these easy-to-implement yet extremely important candle safety tips will help you avoid any costly damage to your home or office and will help keep you and your family safe against dangerous household fires.